...

Thursday, December 27, 2012

December Eco Emi: Leaping Bunny Foundation Collaboration

For December's box, Eco collaborated with The Leaping Bunny Foundation to feature items that are Leaping Bunny Certified.  For those not aware of what this signifies, The Leaping Bunny Program requires that no new animal testing is used in any phase of product development by the company, its laboratories, or ingredient suppliers after a fixed cut-off date.  Also included in the box was a wallet sized Compassionate Shopping Guide listing the companies that are Leaping Bunny Certified - very cool!
To start with, I received a Vegan Adaptive Energy Facial Tonique Toner by Blissoma.  I found this description on Amazon.com:
The base is a specially prepared infusion of fresh organic cantaloupe. It brings Vitamin A, B3, B6 and potassium to our blend as well as a fresh melon aroma. Organic Rhodiola, Holy Basil, and Red Clover help skin respond to internal and external stressors, process environmental pollutants, and hormonal fluctuations. Organic Calendula helps heal blemishes, synthesize collagen, and soothe irritations. Our products are made in small batches from freshly prepared botanical ingredients.
The regular sized toner is 4 oz. for $21.00, so the sample is valued at about $1.

Next is a Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream by Burt's Bees.  It's a perfect purse size, and as I'm one who regularly keeps several hand creams stashed in my purse, this will come in handy.  I started using Burt's Bees when I was in graduate school in Chapel Hill over a decade ago, making them some of the first natural beauty products I tried.  The sample is worth $2.
Auromere's Licorice Toothpaste is a standout for me from this month's box.  Utilizing Ayurvedic principles, it contains extracts from 24 plants, barks, roots and flowers, including NEEM and PEELU, the "Toothbrush Trees" of India and the Middle East.  I've used it a couple of times already, and I like the way it tastes, smells, and performs.  Another perk is that you use about 1/3 less than regular toothpaste, so a tube should last 3 times as long are regular toothpaste.  I received a full sized tube and the value is $5.99.
I also received a Chocolate Mint Lip Butter by Organic Indulgence, which was my go to lip balm on Christmas Day.  I've got quite the collection of organic lip balms which I've received from Eco Emi over the past year, and this one makes a nice addition.  The value of this full sized balm is $2.95.
Thee organic perfume sample from Tallulah Jane called "Aiyana" is made from organic and wildcrafted oils and is a blend of Moroccan Rose, Vanilla, Rock Rose, and Italian Lemon.  It's a soft scent which I actually like, plus any company with the name Tallulah in it makes me happy.  The value of the sample is $1.58.
Next is the Fundamental face scrub by Fundamental Earth.  I used this yesterday morning is it's a very light scrub, as it's a clear gel lightly populated with ground apricot kernels.  I did like how it left my face feeling cool, no doubt due to the spearmint oil in it.  Pleasant and refreshing, but more of a cleanser than an exfoliate from what I can tell.  The sample is worth 50 cents.

I also received a packet of green apple vegan body cream from 100% Pure.  I've wanted to try this line for a while, so I'm glad to have a sample at last.  The sample is worth 12 cents if I calculated correctly.

More teeth/mouth products with the Original Mint Gum and Tooth Powder by Eco Dent.  I'm going to stick this in my purse for a nice at the office or on the go freshener.   This sample is worth about 45 cents. 
The  Apricot Eye Therapy by Better Botanicals is supposed to tighten, brighten, and strengthen the under eye skin with a blend of apricot, ginger, cardamom, sweet almond oil and lemon.  It sounds divine, and I love receiving eye creams to sample, as a little tends to go a long way.  The value of this sample is about $1.89.
The box also included a sample of a men's moisturizer by Bulldog Skincare.  I see no reason why I can't use it, and it has some interesting ingredients such as essential oils of bergamot, lemon, lime, tree moss, patchouli and vetivert.  If nothing else, I bet it smells good and would make a nice hand lotion.  The full size of 3.3 oz is $6.99, so the sample is worth about 15 cents. 

Counting the one food item this month, Vanilla Bean Granola Chips by Willamette Valley, the value of the box is roughly $18, which makes it slightly more valuable than the $15 I paid.  I'm pleased with the variety of items and love the enclosed Leaping Bunny shopping companion, so I'm happy!

Disclosure:  I subscribe to Eco Emi for $15/month.

No comments:

Post a Comment