...

Monday, December 17, 2012

December Birchbox: All Wrapped Up

The last Birchbox of 2012 featured products to help you look and feel your best during the busy holiday season.  Given that there are 29 (or more) box variations, one of the fun aspects of Birchbox for me is the element of surprise.  I make sure to not seek out any of the spoilers posted online so that I never know which box I'm receiving.  So what did I get?
There was a nice variety of items in my box:  two Cartier perfume samples (one for him, one for her), a CC cream, eye gel patches, a lip gloss, and shampoo. 
There are two shades of the Juice Beauty CC cream, and I got Warm Glow.  According to the packaging, this CC cream will repair DNA damage, even skintone and texture, firm and improve elasticity, balance skin tone, moisturize, and has a SPF of 30.

I'd say the coverage is light, as I felt like I needed to use a powder mineral foundation on top to conceal skin imperfections.  It does have a light sheen to it as well.  Overall, I'll use it for it's SPF and skin treating abilities, but as a foundation?  Not so much.

The lip gloss is from the Australian brand Model's Own, and is a light peach shimmer with silver flecks called Strip Tease.  It doesn't really add any color to my lips, but will make a nice lipstick topper.  Wear time is pretty good and I found it comfortable on my lips. 
Nick Chavez's Advanced Volume shampoo is supposed to gently remove residue and product buildup without stripping color, but it does contain sodium laureth sulfate, so....on the other hand it does have an extensive ingredient list showing plenty of other good for your hair stuff.  It's also a pretty lavender color, and I'm easily swayed by pretty colors.
Frownies Eye Gels are under eye resuable gel patches and are supposed to increase circulation and delivery deep hydration and nutrient support from plant derived sources to the under eye and eye lid area.  To reuse them, you are supposed to place them back in the tray and rehydrate with the Frownies Rose Water Hydrator, which is not included.  So, I'll probably use something I already have, which may or may not be optimal.  We shall see.  I'm excited to try these, as my under eye area could use some TLC. 

Normally, I'm not a fan of perfume samples, but I've been following The Non-Blonde, a blog about beauty, fashion, and perfume, and I'm getting into them more as a result.  Baiser Vole is a single-note composition of pure lily and Declaration d'un Soir is a mix of pepper, cumin, and rose.  Both smell nice on me and I will wear them.  I like wearing men's cologne occasionally, and Declaration d'un Soir is not an overwhelmingly masculine scent.

I continue to be a happy Birchbox subscriber and look forward to 2013 with them!

Disclaimer:  I subscribe to Birchbox for $10/mo.

Birchbox Brag linkup:

7 comments:

  1. Nice box! I wouldn't want the sample for men since I have no man to give it to haha but I've been wanting to try a CC cream which is now the new BB cream - can't keep up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try a CC cream also, but this one didn't really impress me much.

      Delete
  2. Those eye gels sound interesting! I got a lip gloss as well and I am loving it and the little mirror on the side of the tube :) I think Dec was a great BB month! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this looks like a great box! i'm a little jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really nice size shampoo you got! And I love the shade of that lip gloss - jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what polish are you wearing? it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a mixture of Jordan by Julep and Don't Touch my Tutu by OPI. You can see it here http://tallulah-bonvivantbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/12/notd-jordan-by-julep-and-dont-touch-my.html

      Delete