...

Saturday, December 1, 2012

W3LL PEOPLE Universalist Supernatural Multi-Stick for Eyes, Lips & Cheeks

I received Universalist as a deluxe sample from a recent beauty.com GWP, so it's in a pot, whereas the full size is in stick form.  I'm actually glad to know it doesn't come in a pot, as the natural ingredients and lack of preservatives like parabens could make it a breeding ground for bacteria over time.

W3LL PEOPLE is a newer brand and their 3 stated core principles are:
"advanced performance, premium 100% natural/organic ingredients, and sustainability (not to mention a good dose of mojo)."
I was happy to see a MD, a makeup guru, and an environmentalist teamed up to form this brand, hopefully providing a well balanced approach that will produce healthy and effective cosmetics.  
Universalist reminds me a lot of Josie Maran Argan color sticks, although there is a greater color selection with Universalist (I count 9 at beauty.com).  While they look super pigmented in the tube, they apply as a sheer wash of color with a bit of shimmer.  Quite pretty, but hard to build up intensity on their own.  I do think this type of product makes for a good base for mineral powder blushes, for when you are looking for a bit more color than they provide on their own.

The ingredients in Universalist are chock full of organic oils and antioxidants, and the texture is creamy but light.  I do feel a slight tackiness after applying, but nothing that was bothersome.  I did find that applying it with my fingers seemed to rub off my foundation, but having it available in stick format may help with that issue, as the instructions say to gently pat it on.  I was doing a fair amount of rubbing and when I used a tissue to wipe off my fingers, I saw a lot of foundation.
The price on these is a rather hefty $33, so I'm not sure I'd be inclined to buy these over the less expensive Josie Maran Argan sticks.  I do think the ingredients in Universalist are quality and I like the concept behind the brand, so I'm glad I got to try one of these!

Disclaimer:  I received this as part of a gift with purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment