...

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tarte Eye Catchers Six Piece SmolderEYES Collectors Set

Tarte's Eye Catchers set was another holiday collection that caught my eye enough that I decided I had to have it.  Included are 5 SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Champagne, Gunmetal, Rainforest Black, Gold, Ash Violet as well as the Skinny SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Onyx and a sharpener.  Onyx may well be a dupe for UD's Perversion, as it is an intense black.
If you are not familiar with what Amazonian clay as an ingredient adds to the mix, it is supposed to ensure longer wear, nourish your lids, reduce surface oil, and improve overall texture.  All I know is that these pencils glide on so easily but then set to a smudge proof finish that lasts quite well.  I'm impressed.

I'm also loving colors included, as there is a nice combination of neutrals and darker colors.  You get a blackened purple in Ash Violet, a lovely blackened green in Rainforest Black, a nice highlight shade with Champagne, a taupe in Gunmetal, and a topaz gold in Gold.  As mentioned before, Onyx is a deep and glossy black.
I've used these to line my eyes as well as an overall lid shade.  I find it a bit difficult to get a good smooth color on the overall lid, but do find they make a great base for powder shadows.   As an eyeshadow base they wear for a good 12 hours, but on their own I see some flaking after about 8 eyes.  Still good, but not bulletproof.   I like the rubber smudger on each of the pencils and found it useful for smudging the pigment into my lash line.
This look featured the Gold and Champagne eye pencils.  I used Stila's Honey and Clay eye shadows to highlight and define the crease area.
In this one I used Gunmetal on the lid as a base for a Korres taupe eye shadow, Champagne to highlight, and Onxy along the lash line with a black matte shadow to smudge out.
Here is Blackened Rainforest along the lash line with Stila's Juniper from the In the Garden palette over it. 
Lastly, here is Ash Violet along the lash line with Two Faced's Framboise eye shadow from the Bon Bons collection to soften it.  The set retails for $39, which is great considering the items are full sized and would cost you $144 individually.  There is not a dud color in the bunch and they perform really well, so glad I got these!

Disclaimer: I purchased these.

No comments:

Post a Comment