...

Friday, December 14, 2012

NOTD: Jordan by Julep and Don't Touch My Tutu!

For this week's manicure, I combined Jordan, a gunmetal silver multi-glitter, with Don't Touch my Tutu, a milky white jelly from OPI's NYC Ballet  collection.  Interestingly, the combo turned out to be a medium bluish gray with a toned down glimmer that does give me a Christmas vibe.  Sometimes concoctions work!
My camera did not want to focus correctly, but I think you can still get the idea.  I used 1 coat of Jordan followed by one of Don't Touch My Tutu, another of Jordan, and another of Tutu.  The grit was pretty substantial, so I used two coats of Julep's fast dry topcoat.  A coat of Gelous probably would have been a good idea.  My only issue was a few ragged pieces of glitter at my tips, but filing them took care of that. 
Disclaimer:  I purchased these.

The Nail Files weekly linkup:

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty combination!! Thanks for linking up pretty girl, hope to see you on Monday for week 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, that didn't turn out how you'd think it would! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - at first I was like 'huh?', but I'm liking it!

      Delete
  3. it looks really pretty but that's not at all what i thought it would look like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty combo! I never thought about putting glitter with white. I like it!

    Stopping by from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete