...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April Birchbox: Tiny Tweaks, Big Results

Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health for the April box, themed "Tiny tweaks, big results".  I usually try not to look at spoilers as I like the surprise element, but my box was a bit later than usual this month and I got impatient and peeked.  Luckily,  I liked everything I saw!
This months box contained a face mattifier, a body oil, an eye moisturizer, a hair serum, and body moisturizer.  Nice assortment and the samples are generously sized, which is always appreciated.
I've got oily skin, and now that the weather is getting warmer, it's producing even more oil.  I've heard good things about Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics but haven't tried anything from them before, and the Anti-Shine Mattifier is a new product just released for spring.  Excited to try this!  Sample value is $7.20.

The Nexxus Youth Renewing Rejuvenating Elixir is supposed to help with dry hair and age related breakage.  I've accumulated quite the stash of hair serum samples but always have room for more.  Sample value is $3.

The Caudalie Divine Oil is a dry oil that can be used on body, hair, or cuticles.  It smells really nice, no doubt due to the notes of Moroccan and Bulgarian rose, grapefruit, vanilla, and subtle floral undertones.  Sample value is $1.46.

I love receiving eye creams and the StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate is not one I've tried before.  Wrinkles, I've got a few.  I don't expect a cream to erase them, but I do hope that using one will help them to multiply more slowly.  Sample value is $16.

There were also 3 packets of Wella body lotions in the scents of Pomegranate, Wild Rose, and Sea Buckthorn.  These come in so hand when traveling and I'll probably save them for my next trip.  Sample value is .94 cents.

Also included was a mail-in card to get a free subscription to Women's Health, which is a $9.99 value.  Excellent!  The value of the box without the magazine subscription is $28.60, well above my $10 subscription fee.  Well done, Birchbox and Women's Health!

Disclaimer:  I subscribe to Birchbox for $10/month.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment