...

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DHC Face Color Palette in Poppy

I'm a fan of several DHC skincare products, but I've not ventured into their makeup line before.  I decided to try one of their blushes, and of the five shades available, decided that Poppy appealed to me the most.
These blushes feature three different graduated shades in each palette.  DHC's makeup colors tend to err on the side of soft and conservative, based on the pictures I've seen, but the warmer pink Poppy looked like a good match for my complexion.







The packaging is lovely and distinctive.  The plastic case is narrow and does not take up much space yet includes a decent sized mirror and brush.   However, the different color blush strips are rather small, making it difficult to pick up any one color on it's own. 
The powder is finely milled and applies smoothly.  Poppy did indeed turn out to be a soft color, and while there is no obvious shimmer, does have a slight sheen that was flattering as opposed to emphasizing skin imperfections.  The formula is supposed to be hydrating and contains DHC's signature olive oil as well as antioxidant Vitamin C for skincare benefits.
 Here are the three separate blush colors, and below are the colors blended together. 
I found myself using the two darkest colors as my cheek color and using the lightest as a highlighter.  The color is natural looking but will probably only work for those with fair complexions, as I'm guessing it may turn chalky looking on darker skin.
The DHC Face Color Palettes are $22 for .17 oz, and I purchased mine online from DHC.

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

1 comment: