...

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring NewBeauty TestTube

My Spring NewBeauty Testtube arrived last week, and while it was not bad by any means, it wasn't really one that I got excited about.  For those not familiar with the subscription Testtubes, there are 2 versions available - the one I have that comes directly from NewBeauty, and a version that comes from QVC.  This quarterly subscription service costs $29.99 plus $8.95 shipping and are supposed to contain a variety of full and deluxe size products worth $150.  NewBeauty recently made changes to the program, however, and their version of the tubes will now be sent every 2 months. 

Half of the items in this quarter's tube were hair related, and none of the items were full sized.  I can't help but feel that the quality and size of this month's items are a bit sub par compared to the 2 previous tubes I've received. 

The John Frieda Blow Out Spray is supposed to add volume and sample value is $1.49.  The Phyto Phytomist is a  conditioning spray and is valued at $8.66.  the other two hair related items are the Clear Scalp Shampoo and Conditioner, and are items that I've tried before.  I like them okay, but they are loaded with silicones so I don't use the ones I have very often.  The value of both are $1.47.  There are some items I'm excited about trying, however, and you never know what will end up blowing your socks off :-)
The Suki Face Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser is really nice and may be an item I'll end up purchasing.  I love a good exfoliate and this one leaves my face feeling soft and smooth.  I appreciate the lemongrass scent and how it foams to a consistency that reminds me of shaving cream.  It doesn't feel harsh and  I like the natural based formula.  Thumbs up!  Sample value = $8.24.
The Avocado & E face Wraps also look interesting.  I like the concept of sheet facial masks but have only tried one from DHC previously, so it will be nice to sample another.  The value of the 2 packets are $10.I'
I'm also excited about the June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme mask.  This is both an exfoliator and treatment mask, and the ingredient list looks like quality to me.  The value of this is $26.81. 
The one makeup item was the Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Enhancer.  This flesh colored liner is meant for the waterline and helps eyes look refreshed by masking redness.  It is indeed very natural looking and I like the effect it gives - eyes that are a bit wider and less tired looking.  Sample value is $10.

Also included in tubes is the NewBeauty magazine that is valued at $9.95, bringing the total value of the Spring tube to $81.35.  Definitely more than I paid, but far below the advertised value of $150.  I decided to cancel my subscription as I don't want to receive a tube every other month, especially if the value and quality of the tubes is declining.   I also did not like that I was never informed of the change in frequency of the tubes being sent out.  However, I'm hopeful that this was just an off tube and if the quality does look good going forward, I may resubscribe at some point once I've used up the surplus of items I'm currently swimming in!

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.  

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment