...

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Estee Lauder Lilly Pulitzer Shadow Floral Pure Color Palette

This lovely little palette was part of the Estee Lauder Shadow Floral GWP that was offered at Bloomingdales earlier this month.  I've never tried any Estee Lauder eyeshadows, but am a huge fan of their Pure Color blushes.  This eyeshadow colors included in this palette is the duo Waves, the shimmer finish Tempting Mocha, and the satin Sugar Cube.  The Pure Color Blush is called Lover's Blush and is in the shimmer finish.
 Waves is actually a Pure Color shadow duo retails for $32 on it's own.  The lighter color is a sheer gold and the darker a peacock blue.  Both of these apply sheer, but can be built up in color.  Tempting Mocha is a lovely taupe that was nicely pigmented and applied nicely.  It was the best performing of the four in terms of color, as the others were more sheer.  Sugar Cube is a nice highlight shade for the inner eye or brow bone, depending on your coloring.  Both Tempting Mocha and Sugar Cube are available as single eyeshadows and retail for $21 each.  Pricey, I know.  I wasn't impressed with any of these enough to pay to want to pay those prices, although I think they are decent shadows. 
Lover's Blush almost looks like a light colored bronzer in the palette, but the gold shimmer in it did leave a bit of peach cast which moved it more into blush category, IMO.  It also applied sheer but can be built up in color.  A few swipes yields some gold flecks, whereas buffing on repeatedly built up color.  A highlight of the Pure Color blushes is that they look so natural on, and it is difficult to overdo them.  At first your think "these are poorly pigmented", but I actually don't think that's the case.  Their sheerness allows the color to build without looking cakey and I always end up thinking "wow, my skin looks better" when I use them. 
I saw this palette on ebay for $10, which would be totally worth it to me for the blush alone.  The shadows are a nice bonus and I like how they looked on, but are not something I would spring for on their own.
Disclaimer:  I received this as a gift with purchase.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love the look you created with it, super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a nice little palette, I'm glad I picked it up.

      Delete