...

Monday, April 29, 2013

Deep Ocean Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer by Rimmel London

Rimmel's waterproof eyeliners have gotten some really good buzz, so I picked up Deep Ocean recently.  I've been on a search for a good dark blue matte eyeliner, which is not as easy as it might seem. 
Deep Ocean is indeed a darker blue that leans slightly teal.  While not the true navy I was hoping for, it's a lovely color and the texture is soft and creamy, making it super easy to apply.  There is a foam smudge tip on the end of the retractable pencil, and if you work quickly you can smudge out the line before it sets.  Cause once this sets, it did not budge on me!

I compared it to some other liners that I have.  Deep Ocean is the top swatch, an Ulta Smoky Eyes pencil in Cobalt is the middle, and Urban Decay's Binge is the last swatch.  Deep Ocean is definitely the most pigmented of the three.
Deep Ocean, Cobalt, Binge
The Exaggerate Eye Definers are marketed as wearing for 10 hours, and Deep Ocean did last all day with no smudging or fading and the line was still going strong when I removed my makeup before bed.  I'm impressed!  I haven't tried it on my waterline so can't speak to that. 
The downside is that there are only six shades available in this line.  I've seen prices ranging from $4.50 to $7, but these are easily one of the best low budget eye pencils I've tried.  I'll be on the lookout for new colors!

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

3 comments:

  1. Pretty colours. I've never strayed outside black/brown for my eyeliner - perhaps I should experiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like using eyeliners to add a pop of color on my upper lash line, as I usually stick with more neutral colored shadows everywhere else.

      Delete
  2. very pretty, I like how you paired it with the gold

    ReplyDelete