...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sue Devitt Beauty Explorer Solomon Islands Collection

Sue Devitt is not a brand I'm that familiar with, but the Solomon Islands Collection looked like such a pretty and versatile set that I decided to give it a whirl.  Sue Devitt is a makeup artist and the developer of the products in this line, which feature ingredients such as Nylon-12, trace elements, vitamins and amino acids to help improve skin.  The Solomon Islands set includes:
  • Deluxe Microquatic™ Blue Anti-Aging SPF 30 Protection Primer 10mL
  • Destination Eye & Cheek Palette in Solomon Islands
  • Deluxe Powder Brush
  • Eye Intensifier Pencil in Gold Reef
  • Deluxe Lash Intensifier Lengthening Mascara in Pointe-Noire
  • Deluxe Lip Enhancing Gloss in Coral Sands
Gold Reef
The Eye Intensifier Pencil in Gold Reef is a dark bronze color and reminds me very much of the Tarte smoulderEYES Amazonian clay liners in how it looks and performs.  It was easy to build up color and once this set, there was no smudging.  I thought I might have this color already, but when I compared it to Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Bad Girl Bronze, Gold Reef is actually a shade darker, but definitely in the same color family.
Top:  Rimmel's Bad Girl Bronze, Bottom:  Gold Reef
The gloss is a cream coral called Coral Sands, and it has a cooling sensation on the lip that reminds me a bit of the Buxom lip glosses.  This is a thinner, not sticky gloss and it felt good on.
Coral Sands

The Solomon Islands palette can be used on eyes and face, and includes shades of salmon, pink, and topaz.  The topaz shade is a extremely pigmented with a metallic finish, while the others have a light shimmer and softer pigmentation.  The formulation features moisturizing and nourishing ingredients such as shea butter, sea butter, ceramides and vitamins.
The mascara has one of the most interesting formulas I've seen with beeswax and various fruit oils.  The full sized version includes a night time peptide lash treatment and retails for $49, which makes it a bit on the pricey side. 

The Microquatic™ Blue Anti-Aging SPF 30 Protection Primer is infused with soothing Blue Algae Extract to combat redness and naturally formed anti-irritant crystals sourced from the coast of Spain.  It is indeed a very light blue, which made me wonder if it has a slight brightening effect on the face.  It has the consistency of a light lotion, was non-greasy, and soaked into my skin nicely.  I like!

Also included in the set is a powder brush which was so so.  It will do in a pinch but would not be something I'd reach for consistently.

Overall, I really like this set!  It retails for $45, which is a bargain, considering the eye and face palette is $37.50 on it's own.  I got mine at beauty.com, which I believe carries it exclusively.

Disclaimer:  I purchased this. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Hmm not a brand I am familiar with either, but everything looks pretty decent.
    And may I comment on how your skin always look so radiant? So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! My skin is the bane of my existence, beauty wise, so it's nice to hear that it looks okay in photos!

      Delete