...

Friday, April 26, 2013

NOTD: Gilda by Zoya

Gilda, a in your face, glittery hot pink glass flecked beauty by Zoya, was part of the 2010 Sparkle summer collection.  I saw where someone said it bordered on the '80s, and I can see that.  I used 2 coats with base and top coats and the formula was problem free.
Zoya uses women's names for all of their polishes, and the only Gilda I could think of was Gilda Radner.  Somehow, that didn't seem to fit, so I did some searching.  I've now decided that the namesake for this polish actually comes from the movie Gilda, as I could definitely see this femme fatale sporting this color.
Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilda
Gilda has a glowing quality that is really eye catching and I can see this as a great pedi color during the summer.  Zoya makes the best glass flecked polishes out there, IMO.
 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

The Nail Files weekly linkup:

2 comments: